Predavanje: The Ultimate Camera
utorak, 20. januar 2009. 18:55
UNIVERZITET U NOVOM SADU
FAKULTET TEHNIČKIH NAUKA
DEPARTMAN ZA RAČUNARSTVO I AUTOMATIKU
ODSEK ZA RAČUNARSKU TEHNIKU I RAČUNARSKE KOMUNIKACIJE
THE ULTIMATE CAMERA
Prof. Nigel M. Alinson
21.01.2009. u 16:00
u prostorijama MicronasNIT, Fruškogorska 11a
Prof. Nigel M. Alinson
Current Position Appointed in May 2004 to head the Vision and Information Engineering Research Group within the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering - an existing group with wide-ranging interests including digital signal processing, coding and encryption, VLSI design and novel packaging.
Personal research activities are focussed on image and data engineering - in particular novel imaging devices and systems for scientific applications, image and video compression, pattern recognition and data visualisation. Details of current and recent projects are provided below.
Previous Academic Positions
- Professor of Image Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics, UMIST, Manchester (1995 – 2004). Founded the Vision and Information Processing Group.
- Reader, Department of Electronics, University of York (1983 – 1995). Founded the Image Engineering Laboratory.
- Lecturer in Electronics, Department of Physics, University of Keele (1978 - 1983)
Selected Professional Activities
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Grenoble
- External board member of the CCLRC Centre for Instrumentation
- International panel member for the Hong Kong University Grants Committee Research Assessment Exercise
- Judge for The Royal Television Society Awards (Technical Innovation)
- Member of management committee of the International Research Centre 'Al-Khwarizmi', Uzbekistan
- Member of EPSRC College, and panel member and chair
- Editor of the International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education
- Visiting Senior Research Fellow. Department of Electronic Engineering, City University, Hong Kong
- Management of the assessment process for IEE Premium prizes.
- External examiner for electronic engineering undergraduate programmes, University of Kent, Brunel University, University of Bath, University of Birmingham, University of Cambridge and University of Mauritius